Alumni, Family, and Friends
River Oaks School believes that the success of the school is directly tied to the engagement and support of our alumni, family, and friends. As such, there are many opportunities for you to engage and support the student body at River Oaks School.
R.O.M.P. - River Oaks Mustang Parents
- This group of industrious, innovative, and hard-working parents and grandparents meet with the head of school on a monthly basis. ROMP helps with many River Oaks events, including the Back to School Bash, Grandparents Day, Book Fair Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, fundraisers to financially assist the school, and any other needs that arise at River Oaks.
- If you have questions about ROMP or would like to join, please contact Kelly Woodring at AKWoodring@yahoo.com.
River Oaks Booster Club
- The River Oaks Booster Club supports many of our school’s activities in the realm of athletics and academics through fundraising and coordination of volunteers for school programs. Members of the Booster Club, in conjunction with other friends of River Oaks School, provide all the volunteer labor necessary to sponsor sports events and other projects each year. The Booster Club strives to enhance the opportunities available to all River Oaks families, and we encourage all parents who have a River Oaks student athlete to join.
- President: Deirdre Simmons and Jennifer Simonton
River Oaks Quarterback Club
- The Quarterback Club is a group of supporters that assist in meeting special needs for many boys’ and girls’ sports. The group also assists with the transportation costs associated with student athletics.
- To join, reach out to the school office at 318-343-4185.
- President: David VanderGracht
- The Dads Club is a group of outstanding River Oaks Dads who volunteer time, effort, finances, and a positive attitude to take care of the things that need to be done at River Oaks. This collection of varied personalities and talent meets upon the basis of need.
- For those who want to be involved, contact the school office at 318-343-4185 or reach out to John Allred.
Annual Giving Campaign
- The annual Excellence in Education Fund Drive will begin October 1, 2022. This is an opportunity to support River Oaks School with an entirely tax-deductible donations that supplement the school’s general operating fund.
- For more information, reach out to the school office at 318-343-4185.
River Oaks Academic Booster Club
- The purpose of the Academic Booster Club is to enhance academic achievement at River Oaks School. Membership is open to all parents of River Oaks students.
- The Academic Booster Club focuses its giving efforts on technology, textbooks and supplemental materials, guest speakers and enrichment opportunities, teacher support, and student academic groups or activities. The Academic Booster Club also sponsors the Scholars’ Banquet at Bayou DeSiard Country Club each May and the student of the Quarter awards. The Academic Booster Club meets intermittently throughout the course of the school year.
- To join, reach out to the school office at 318-343-4185 or contact Club President Alpa Patel.